Thursday, 26 March 2009

Some thoughts...

This year's birthday celebration is unique, meaningful and enriching. Despite a little not-so-good event that happened this morning, I feel とても('to-te-mo' --> 'very') happy today. A lot of people around me, at different parts of this planet, send their birthday greetings to me, from my ex-primary schoolmate, my cousins to current colleagues. One of my friends is holidaying in Sydney now and even made the effort to send birthday greetings to me on facebook. I am really surprised and appreciate it very much. A little thought like this counts, you know!

You may be wondering what's the not-so-good event. Well, someone gave me a present this morning and unknown to her, it was broken (it's fragile). I let her know and she passed me the receipt and asked me to change it. Then she offered to give me vouchers if i cant get it changed. Dunno why deep down in my heart i was fuming.. I was thinking why she din offered to change for me instead. It's kind of insincere, in my opinion. I wasn't in my right mind, i guess. After sorting out my mind and getting some advices from some people, I finally cooled down. I realise I shouldn't be hot-headed and should look at her initial intention of why she gave me the present. It's nothing harmful actually. I should have applied what I read and learnt from this book, The Mastery of Love (by Miguel Ruiz). Happiness can only come from inside of you and you can't change how other people wish to react. They are who they are. In every relationship, there's always 2 halves, yours and the other party's. Each of us can only handle how we react towards each situation i.e. we can only take care of our part in the relationship and not try to control the other half. We have to love ourselves so that we can create the happiness from ourselves. In this case, my expectation is that she should change for me but since she chose not to, I cannot control her decision and therefore I should not get upset over it. This situation also let me understand her further. (The Mastery of Love is a very good book. You should try to read it and understand the principles of how to love yourself, others and reduce emotional poison.)

Ok, I shall write until here... will update again soon.

No comments: